06 marzo 2013

Like the best bAbushka

Ah, water.  Due to some plumbing issues in our house, I'm constantly thinking about water.  Up till now, it's just been annoying.  However, as I was doing the dishes this morning, warm, clean water running freely over my hands, I had a funny, happy-in-retrospect water memory.

When I lived in Ukraine, men would come quite frequently to our courtyard, turn off the water without notice and work on something.  During my first months, I had no idea what was going on and happily continued about my still-infatuated-with-Ukraine life.  As time passed, I realized that the water was off due to this "work," and I was annoyed... but did nothing.  By the end of my years there, I would endure the water outage for an hour or two, but then go out to the balcony and yell, with the best of the bAbushki, "Korga y Hac bygem boga?"

Thanks, dirty dishes, for the memories.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario