So, for the past two and a half years, I have shrouded myself in a pink or a purple hooded sweatshirt. They brought me home, post-surgeries, they kept me warm in the chemo-chair, they covered my bald head and then they passed as "real clothes" while I was trying to figure out how to be a mom to three. Over the past couple of years, I have worn them probably four out of every seven days. (By the way, Moose Jaw, you make some seriously durable clothes!)
I have come to realize that I am an all-or-nothing kind of person, that I deal best with thorough separations. And so, as one step in an effort to move on from the _____ (I don't mean for that to be a swear. I just really don't know what I want to call IT.) of the past few years, my sister and I held a Hoodie Destruction Ceremony.
 |
| Notice the ceremonial candle in the background. It just seemed appropriate. |
 |
| It is finished. |
 |
| Victory! |
 |
| Just to make sure... |
 |
And then Madame Clicquot and Snyder came to celebrate with us! L'chaim!
|
- a cleansing sigh-
P.S. A funny note regarding the title: I once told my GranniOna, as we were leaving her house, "Good riddance!" I had no idea what it meant, but I thought that it sounded intelligent, because it was longer than "Goodbye." Oops!
love this!!!!!
ResponderEliminarWoohoo!
ResponderEliminar