29 junio 2015

Harvest Monday

A bit of rhubarb and this bowl of cherries times about three!
Some more green-ish garlic:  Last year, I must have left several heads in the ground, because I had clumps of garlic growing all over my brassica bed.  I cleared most of it out (the above) so as to give the spared-by-rabbits brassicas some more sun.
The dacha has given us a lot of gorgeous Shungiko chrysanthEmum greens, lots of cilantro and volunteer portulaca.  In addition, I have harvested several salads from the back yarden, of peas, chard, kale, Bunte Floren-something and Deer Tongue lettuce, with lots of herbs.
Check out others' harvests at Daphne's Dandelions.

3 comentarios:

  1. Lovely harvests. I keep watching my garlic. It isn't quite ready to pick yet. It ought to be soon though.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I don't see any cracks on those cherries - lucky you! We received a bunch of rain as they were ripening so there were more cracked cherries our harvest than not.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I remember when you planted that cherry tree... those cherries look delicious!

    ResponderEliminar