26 agosto 2015

From mam to mom

So, finally!  Finally!  We finally have a great fit of an international student living with us!  Thank you, God!

After a mixed up arrival, Kun settled in nicely with us.  She eats with and hangs out with us.  She helps me in the kitchen and reads to the kids.  She initiates conversation and dances freely around the house.  We love her!

Right away, she started calling me "mam," which I didn't like.  I am not THAT old, am I?  Well, I probably am, but I didn't want to be reminded of it each time she addressed me.  But then...

... I received my first text from her, addressed to "Mom."  Oh!  She was calling me mom all along, but her vowels are off just enough that I misunderstood her.  Ha!  Sure!  I'll be her mom.  Accordingly, I have taken to referring to her as my Chinese daughter.

Side note:  So, ever since Summer Camp, where the parking lot was filled with mini-vans, Girumy has been obsessed with getting one.  Seriously, he talks about it constantly and tries to persuade me be any means he can.  I told him that if we have another child, then we could get a mini-van; and that he would have to talk to Rob about that.  Now, I know how Rob feels on the subject, so I was safe in saying that.  Thankfully, he hasn't caught on that Kun is, for all intents and purposes, my daughter for a time!  He would never accept "no" for an answer if he did.  Ha!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario