07 septiembre 2015

Trigger unhappy

Having experienced, in some manner, cancer, death and difficult adoptions, I now deal with triggers.

For example, about 6 months ago, I had a serious stomach illness which left me sick, in bed, for a couple of days... just like the aftermath of chemotherapy.  And I seriously freaked out.

This weekend, at Market, I saw a brother from my past, triggering all sorts of difficult thoughts.  And I freaked out.

And then at church... well, I know that we have been praying for a certain _ _, because she has cancer.  But then I realized, upon seeing her hatted head, who it was: the mother of children who were recently adopted... and I freaked out again.

Ooo!  This life is difficult!  We sang a song in church yesterday about not being shaken.  I actually couldn't sing those words because it isn't true... well, it isn't my experience.  (Truth and experience... I think I should study Philosophy.) The next line, however, I could squeak out: something about our faithful God who doesn't change.  Thank God that THAT is THE TRUTH!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario