28 julio 2021

The harvest!

So, last summer was lost to me.  Once, I sent Rob to the dacha to harvest the garlic.  What he brought home wasn't much; but whatever, I couldn't do anything about it.  I didn't know what had happened.  When I went to the dacha for the first time this year, I saw SO MUCH garlic sprouting in clumps.  What???  Ohhhh, Rob had missed an entire section, so each clove from each head was sprouting again.  Shoo.  I did separate a bunch of it, in an attempt to let the heads get bigger, but I only finished about half.  The rest I had to leave.  Which means that we have many more heads of garlic than normal, but of a smaller size.  I have about 200+ drying here in the porch.  Wahoo!  Sancho, you are quite welcome here.

And then there was Mission Zucchini... accomplished!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario