10 febrero 2014

Lessons from the waterpark

Girumy:  He thinks SO much.  During the past few weeks, he has been very interested in whales, which has prompted conversations about their breathing and how it's different from that of fish, in turn leading to his questions about us and how we breathe and if we can breathe underwater.  SO, with all of that information, the child went to the waterpark today and... he would not go down a waterslide because... "What if water covers me and I can't breathe?  Because I can't breathe underwater.  I'm not like a fish."  Bribes of chocolate and of being allowed to drive MattMatt's fire truck did nothing to encourage him.  He happily got dressed and sat next to me, watching and asking a billion more questions which will probably keep him from doing something else in the future.  Oy!  He may be one smart wallflower!

Mita:  She is a scaredy-cat; HOWEVER, for better and for worse, she can be talked into almost anything.  She loved the waterslides!

Ty:  This son of mine has no fear... for better and for worse!  No thinking.  No hesitation.  I really think that he is going to do something impressive in life... something frighteningly impressive.  I need to be prepared to let go now, I think.  -a deep breath-

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario