We continue to eat salads almost every day from the yarden, which I haven't been photographing, including the usual: purslane, chrysanthemum greens, herbs, chard, kale, random lettuces, etc.
 |
| What shall I make for dinner: Hm... after a trip to the back yard, I brought in the above, plus eggs. So, I made my own pasta, with a creamy Boursin sauce and chard, onion, garlic and basil. Delicious! |
 |
| This is the same onion as above, just with my hand to show the size. So cool! This is my first successful year growing onions. Several more have made it in to the house unphotographed, on an as needed basis. |
 |
| the last of the berries, the beginning of the beans, Deer Tongue lettuce, another onion and a turnip |
 |
| From the dacha: one tomatillo (just to check... I don't know when they are ready. Anyone?), potatoes, more shelling peas, a nice bell pepper, rat-tailed radishes and carrots |
 |
more gorgeous onions
|
Check out others' harvests at
Daphne's Dandelions.
Onions are one of those underrated crops - people often think why bother growing them when they are so cheap and plentiful at the store. Only those that have actually grown onions know how much fun & how rewarding it is. Congrats on your first wonderful onion harvest!
ResponderEliminarLovely harvests. And I love my onions too. It is so wonderful when they do well.
ResponderEliminarDid you use polish on those onions?
ResponderEliminarDid you use polish on those onions?
ResponderEliminarFrom the YARden Love that. Deer Tongue Lettuce, now thats a name. And that onion is quite mighty, I haven't grown any this year - just spring onions/scallions.
ResponderEliminar