25 diciembre 2013

Ethiopia, day 9, part 2: Saturday, 14 December

-As we were driving down the mountain, Aaron asked, "Do you want to try to carry one of those loads of wood?"  "Yes!"  So... there are some women who make their living by carrying huge loads of wood on their back, down Mt. Entoto.  About half way down, Aaron stopped the car and asked a small group of these women if I might try.  "Sure!" they giggled.  So, the most obliging woman, who happened to be from Soddo!, strapped me in and...

 Um... I didn't budge it.  I tried again... not a centimeter!  I even had Kate come and give me a hug, trying to bend me forward enough to lift it a bit.  Not even then!  I was ashamed.  These ladies do one or two trips a day, sometimes barefoot, and I... nothing.  I did feel a bit better when Aaron also tried and barely moved it.
-Fizzy Ambo at the Lucy Cafe
-I was able to meet Girum, Z's friend, on his movie set.
-super-tasty dinner at Sure Catering with friends
-timely arrival at Bole Airport
-Thank God for BenadrylS!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario