24 julio 2014

I do like crunchy granola, though.

I vaguely remember being addressed as "Granola" once in life.  I don't remember by whom or when; however, I do remember thinking, "What?!" with a crinkled brow, and that I didn't like being labelled.

Well, yesterday, someone that I just met said, "So... you're crunchy."  "Uh..." was my oh-so-elegant reply.

I guess that, compared to I-don't-know-whom, I might be a bit... ... ...  See?  I don't want to succumb to a label.  Yes, I wear Birkenstocks, I shower... much less than most, I have rain barrels and back yarden hens, I air-dry our clothes and I don't eat meat, to admit a portion of my choices.  But, each of those actions just seems like a good idea to me for one reason or another and that's why I do what I do.  I guess being labelled makes me feel like my good reasons have been taken away.

So, hi.  My name is Amy.  I like a lot of things and I dislike the rest.  И всё.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario