09 julio 2014

The wee ones

Kale chips and kombucha... yum!

"Just like Tato Dru!"

The importance of creating good habits is something I consider and work at everyday with the kids.  So far, Ty makes his bed, quite well, every morning upon waking, and he, upon turning four, has just begun to measure out the oatmeal every morning.  Mita... well, she has been skipped so far in the chore world.  As she has the top bunk, she can't make her own bed.  And I had planned for her to be the Table-Washer, since G graduated to Chicken Wrangler; however, I just haven't gotten around to giving her the lesson.  Girumy makes his bed and collects the eggs every morning.  The latter activity has become quite difficult lately as Ilka has gone broody.  She attacks us if we try to steal the eggs that she is so desperately trying to hatch.  Poor Ilka.

Apart from the above, G has been busy impressing me with his writing.  I frequently find him on a kitchen stool, writing in his handy-dandy notebook, covering his message with his free hand until its completion.  This morning he wrote out all five of his names, with just two mistakes!  And so many people told me that I was going to confuse my children with all of their beautiful, important and meaningful names.  Nope!

And, the other day, Mita and Ty were crouched down on the living room floor and groaning, "Ow.  Ouch!" over and over.  When I asked them what was happening, they both said that they were laying eggs.  Ha!  You see, the hens make quite a racket when laying and I have explained that it is because maybe it hurts them a little.  The eggs are rather big, and I am assuming that whence they come is not.  Ay!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario