What a week! I love going out to the
yarden each morning to see what is big enough to pick. And the kids are enjoying having more than greens to snack on as they roam through the glorious verdure. What a gift!
 |
| This is the rest of the garlic. My favorite vegetable! |
 |
| Lots of little Ronde de Nice zucchini, 2 Sunshine peppers, the first cucumber!, our first Dragon's Tongue beans (So delicious!) and the saddest little stem of broccoli ever |
 |
| Grape leaves, which I am fermenting, to then use for dolmades |
 |
| Another strong salad: chard, beet reds, marjoram, parsley, basil, mint, lemon balm, chrysanthemum greens, mizuna, dill and carrot tops |
 |
| And wahoo! A much larger stem of broccoli, a few peas that had been hiding, beautiful carrots, Ronde de Nice zucchini and our first, long-awaited Cousa, more Holland's White cucumbers and another handful of Dragon's Tongue beans |
We also had about 14 eggs this week: I think that Ilka's broodiness is affecting the others. Production is down.
And we had another several handsful of raspberries, which never made it close to the camera for record's sake... Straight down the hatch!
Lovely harvests. I've always thought about growing grapes. Not for the grapes but for the leaves. Somehow they just didn't make the cut though.
ResponderEliminar