12 agosto 2013

'booch

Remember how we all tried kombucha several weeks ago and the majority ruled that it was nasty?  Well, Rob came out of the store with another bottle the other day.  I was astounded.  Why would he waste money on something that no one likes?  "Try it."  Ugh.  I agreed only because I know that the stuff is good for me.   -gulp-  What?!  It was delicious!  So, it turns out that if you put a bit of lemon juice, just straight lemon juice, in the kombucha, it is so tasty!

So, I'm trying to brew our own.  Rob bought a mother SCOBY from a lady who had posted it on craigslist and I will do my first taste of it tomorrow, to see how sweet it is and to decide if it needs to brew for more days.  Here's hoping that it turns out better than The Great Injera Disaster of 2013!

That SCOBY should grow a baby, which I can use to make the next batch, assuming all goes well, and which is what I think it is trying to do with those tentacles it is sending out.  Yikes!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario