15 agosto 2013

The tangram saga continues

A few days ago, Girumy excitedly called to me.  He wanted to show me something.  Upon entering the kids' room, I saw that he had...
... successfully put together that tricky puzzle from la Chinita.  Yeah!  We have another super-mind in the house!

Now, I can't remember if it was later that day or a day later, but our dear friends, Chinita-the-puzzler and Elenita, came to visit us one last time before flying back to catracho-land.  And they came bearing very bad news.  The way we put the pieces back in the little square holder was wrong.  "What?!  But they all fit!" exclaimed the straight-A student inside me.  "Yes, but there was a space," corrected la Chinita.  Do you see it?  That little triangular space to the right of the blue triangle?  That is not allowed.  Ugh.

She kindly showed us how it should go.  And so it is back to the high shelf with the puzzle, until I have memorized the uber-correct placement.  Just in case there is an earthquake and it falls off of the shelf before I have learned it though...


*For the record, I am going to accept either placement from my kids.  I did go to UW-Madison to study education after all and I believe that they would disown me if I were not at least that inclusive!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario