13 septiembre 2013

"A little bit of... in my life, a little bit of... by my side, a little bit of..." Ah, the mambo.

What is happening around here?  Well...

For starters, Mita is pregnant!  (Again?)  She proudly told me the other day that she has three babies in her belly.  And for the record, she doesn't know when they are due.  See how G is taking such good care of her.  What a good husband he'll make.

Yes, those are gloves stuffed down her dress.  She is carrying high, don't you think?
In other news, Lil' Mama Mita is progressing in her puzzle skills.  (Lil' Mama just tried to make me write "skillz."  Ah!) 


Meanwhile, the boys have been unsuccessfully working on their very fine motor skills with a precious piece of bubble wrap.  This mamA's pleasure is her children's great frustration in this case!

This is such a good activity to keep him still while his anti-molluscum cream soaks in.  Ugh. 


In the realm of religion, I will report that G and I had a teary heart-to-heart yesterday.  So, we are all sick right now.  Poor G has a break-out of molluscum all over his face and a cold on top of that.  He is very miserable.  Every day we pray for God to heal us.  Yesterday, trying to speak through his very stuffed up nose while sobbing, he asked me, "Por quE no me cura Dios?  Quiere Dios que yo estE enfermo?  CuAndo me va a ayudar, MamA?"  Ugh.  "Yo no sE, mi amor.  Yo no sE."  And then I told him that I wonder that ALL of the time as well.  I assured him that God certainly can, but... well... we live in a messed up world and God has plans that are bigger than us.  I am still shaking my head with raised eyebrows.  -a giant sigh-

On a happier note, Girumy has a new ride... a zipper car, or zipper-mobile, depending on the day.  Being inspired by Richard Scary's little A-Z book about cars, G declared that he would like a zipper car.  And Rob enthusiastically agreed to make him one.  "Wow!" say I. 



On the domestic front, we have had some beautiful harvests recently.


Grape juice in the making
And, the cooler air has prompted me to pull out Mita's unfinished quilt on which I've not been working for so long.  Ugh.  I am nearly done with the top and then I'll begin the too-tedious task of quilting it all together.  Ugh.  Yes.  Ugh, again.  But, look at what I have found to encourage me:

For Girumy?  No!  No!  NO!  Tell me not to do it.  You are not advanced enough, Amy.  You'll get frustrated and quit repeatedly!  It will take you yearS to finish!  Do not choose that pattern! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario