So, I am learning, as I mentioned in my post on God, to reprioritize. Let me explain. We have a routine around here, not a strict schedule, but a nice order in which we operate. This order of activities increasingly includes school-ish time. At times, G is quite resistant, whining and asking why the twins don't have to read out of the special book (in which are written his syllables and short words). At times, however, he is so eager. For example, the other day, he asked to work on writing his numbers while I had my morning cup of coffee. By the way, this is his way of getting out of playing with his brother and sister in the bedroom. But, I allow it in the name of education. :)"Sure!"
 |
| Notice his raised hand, asking me to review his work. |
Well, he just didn't want to stop. (He ended up writing 0-20, three times each.) The twins were definitely ready to move on to our group reading time, all snugly on the couch, but... I did not want to stop Girum. So, I took a deep breath and let it go. (I make it sound so serious, which may seem silly to you; but when there are three little ones, order is a very serious task. Well, unless you are alright with losing your mind.)
Another example comes from this morning. We checked out a very annoying-to-me book from the library, Chicka Chicka 1 2 3. I can't stand it. But, since we've been reading it over the past week, and they ALWAYS want to read it, G has learned to count to one hundred. (And I'm sure it's soaking into the twins' brain as well.) At the end of the book, 0 to 100 are written out, to practice counting. Well, G counted to one hundred. And then he asked to do it again. The twins and I surely did not want to sit through that again, but how could I say no? He ended up counting through the list four times. Ugh for us. Yeah for him!
We have also been working on our shape-drawings. This week we are making trees. I think that we'll do mountains and trees next week.
 |
| I call it "Trees in Summer." |
 |
| I call it "Trees in Autumn." |
 |
| Yes, I let them draw freely too... for those of you who think of me as a martinette. :) (And, yes, I know that martinet is spelled the way I've just written it in English; but since it's a French word, I'll use the proper French ending for myself.) |
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario