20 septiembre 2013

Of God

Lying:  The kids were all playing, at different activities, but all within the same four square feet and I said to them, "Hay mucho espacio para todos.  SepArense.  Venga!"  HA!

Convicted:  The kids asked me to put on some music the other day and I agreed.  We always seem to listen to the same songs, so I put on something new.  (I believe that it was some dance-o-riffic Ricky Martin.)  As we were dancing around, Girumy asked me if this music was "una alabanza a Dios."  Um...  certainly not.  So I agreed that that is what we should be listening to and changed the tune.

Priorities:  I prefer that the children eat calmly, not singing or dancing in their chair to the music that we almost always listen to at mealtimes.  But, when I tell them to settle down and G retorts, "Pero estamos alabando a Dios," how can I get mad and say no to that?

Wave your hands in the air if you love God!
Priorities, 2:  This morning, G was pretending to be a Sunday school teacher.  Towards the end of his lesson, he asked the "children" to repeat after him: "God is good."  This turned into a very long and loud session of praise-chanting, but, again, how can I say no?  My quiet cup of coffee in the morning is surely not as important as telling God's truth.

Questions:  At lunch yesterday, Girumy started an interesting conversation.
G - "Ty, what is God doing right now?"
T - "He's right here."
G - "No, but what is he doing?  I think that he's trying to ignore people right now."
M - "He's praying."
G - "No he's not.  He's God."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario