So, G and I watched a few minutes of Fiddler on the Roof together last night. As Reb' Tevya was singing, "If I were a rich man," G asked why he had a beard. "Well, because he's Jewish," I explained. "Is he singing a praise to God?" "No, not here, but that is something that he would do." I then took a deep breath and decided to explain, "Jewish people sing praises to God, but not to Jesus. They don't believe that Jesus is the son of God." And Girumy came back with, "Like Tato Dru?" "What?!" asked I. "Tato Dru has a beard, so he doesn't believe in Jesus?" OH MAN. So I tried to explain a bit more thoroughly, but I think that it was lost on him. Sorry Dru.
-By the way, Reb' Tevya, I feel you. I really do.-
Also, Girumy has taken to saying, upon being in the presence of an adult who is crying, "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." What a good practice, no?
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario