So, this morning was... on par with that morning when I found the conejera in our back yarden. That morning started out rough, but ended on a much better note thanks to God's gifts of fresh air and Creation.
Already by 7:30 I knew that we were going to have to ditch my original plans to encourage a positive change. So, the children and I headed out to the dacha. STOP! Rocket Baby Bakery. Yes, fancy pastries were in order.
We unloaded at our plot, setting up our mid-morning snack potato-side. Ty and I assumed the Uker-crouch, but G and Mita just sat on the dewy Earth. Pain au chocolat, brioche, oh my! Helicopters and hawks circling above us elicited so many prayers and gave so much entertainment respectively.
While I then weeded, the kids played with dirt and rocks and collected a weed-feast for our hens.
I am so thankful for God's gift of Creation and how it consistently seems to heal us.
As Charles Dickens says so nicely in Oliver Twist, "Who can tell how scenes of peace and quietude sink into the minds of pain-worn dwellers in close and noisy places, and carry their own freshness deep into their jaded hearts!"
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario