10 agosto 2014

Blessings

Oh dear.

So, I don't know where my children learned the following prayer, "Dear God, thank you for this day.  Thank you for our blessings.  Thank you for this food.  In Jesus' name, Amen;" however, they have, and they use it several times daily.

The other day after one of them had recited those words, I asked them what "blessings" were.  And of course they had no clue what the word meant.  So, I explained it and then asked them to tell me what some of our blessings are.

They came up with the following:
pelo (I hear that!)
eyes
books
fruta
our car
God
the earth
flores
watermelons
nuestra finca
toys
food
our house
vegetables on Thursdays
family
MamA
bebEs
hens
our friends downstairs

I think that we're going to continue this breakfast-time listing of our blessings together.  I need it.

So, the last on the list, our friends downstairs... some old acquaintances-now-new friends moved in just over a week ago.  And whoa!  Within a few days, Mr. Downstairs had taken his kids and my Girumy to shoot archery.  Girumy did... well... he didn't come home hurt, so that's good.

And then, a couple of days ago, Mr. Downstairs, his son, Roberto and our sons went canoeing on the river!  In a boat made by our neighbor below!  And to top it off, they all decided to believe that they were actually dragon hunting (AKA duck watching), decked out in masks, helmets and special suits!
Note the dragon-hunting masks.



Yes, what blessings we are given!  Seeing them as such is the difficult part.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario